Sunday, October 17, 2010

An Introduction to us

A friend started to document her children in a blog so that she did not forget the wonderful things that they did.  I thought it would be a great idea to do the same thing. 
So, this first post is an introduction to my family.
Cody:  Cody is 14 years old, and definitely the typical teenager.  Cody is actually my stepson, but I have been in his life for so long, it is just like he is my own.  We have had our struggles along the way, but as he gets older we get closer.  Cody enjoys biking and lately, free running. He loves cooking when he has the chance and of course, he loves his video games. He has just started high school and seems to like it. 
Matthew:  Matthew is 10 years old.  He is our sporty kid.  At the moment he is in hockey, playing with Northwood Hockey League, which is recreational hockey, for the Northwood Leafs.  Matthew joins all the intramural sports in school and plays soccer in the spring for Northwood Mini Soccer.  Matthew is obsessed with video games and loves to play Lego's.  Matthew was the baby in the family for ten years and then along came...
Julia:  Julia is almost five months old.  She is our little shrieker.  She is a busy baby who is not content unless she is being held or played with.  She spends alot of her time in the sling so that mommy can get her housework done.  She does nap well during the day though and sleeps pretty good during the night.  She is definitely going to keep mommy and daddy on their toes.  She is already trying to crawl...she likes to be up on her feet so that she can walk with assistance around the house.
Summer:  Summer is our 2 year old poodle.  Summer always makes us laugh and she has a wonderful personality. 
My husband Mike:  Mike is a wonderful husband and father.  He tries to bring out the best in his family.  Mike enjoys helping others and is very adventurous.  Last year Mike got into ice fishing and this year he is taking up hunting.
Me: I am a stay at home mom at the moment.  I love scrapbooking when I have the time.  I am addicted to the internet...my husband says I am going to turn into an internet, whatever that means.  I love my kids and only want the best for them.  I am very happy to finally have a girl to buy pink things for.
We are not perfect, we have many ups and downs...but we are a family.  A strong, happy family that is able to come out of every situation stronger than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment