Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Julia has started eating food!

I have felt that Julia has been ready to start food for some time, but because of the food allergies that my mom has, I wanted to wait until as close to six months as I possibly could. 
I have chosen the baby led weaning style of feeding for Julia, since I tend not to do anything "mainstream".  With this method, Julia gets whole foods and she feeds herself.  She started tonight on cooked carrots and rice.  She loved eating with everyone else.




I love that Julia gets to control the amount of food she gets and that she is learning and exploring while she is eating.  I found this website the most informative about baby led weaning for those who want more info on it: http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedselintroductie/blw/engels.html



Everyday is something new and exciting with Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment